This is as easy as it gets. Curry powder quantity can be varied according to your taste. And it tastes even better reheated the next day!
Prep time - 5 minutes Cooking time - 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 1kg chick thigh fillets, cut into thirds
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp tom paste
- 2 tbsp sugar
- Can coconut cream
- Salt, to taste
1) Heat oil in a chef's pan or large frying pan over medium high heat. Brown chicken pieces and remove from pan.
2) Place onions and garlic in pan and saute for 1-2 minutes until softened.
3) Add curry powder and stir for a further minute. Add sugar, tomato paste and coconut cream, then return chicken to the pan.
4) Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes uncovered or until the chicken is cooked through.
5) Taste and season with salt, and add more sugar if required.
6) Serve with steamed Basmati rice, yoghurt and chopped mint.