It's the most searched for and downloaded recipe in Australia. Quick, easy and something the whole family can enjoy. TODAY cook Julie Goodwin shows us how to make a delicious zucchini slice.
- 375g zucchini, grated
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 3 rashers bacon finely chopped
- 1 cup tasty cheese grated
- 1 cup self-raising flour sifted
- Half a cup of oil
- 5 eggs
- Parmesan cheese grated for top
1. Preheat oven to 180 Celcius.
2. Combine zucchini, onion, bacon, flour, oil and lightly beaten eggs thoroughly in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper. Pour into a well greased lamington tin (or similar) Grate parmesan over the top.
3. Bake for 35-40 mins until golden and set.
4. Allow to cool slightly before cutting.
5. Adjust the amount of oil depending on the fat content of the bacon.