An evening with Henry Blofeld & Jeremy Oliver
Enjoy the tales and humour of one the world’s most famous cricket commentators, Henry Blofeld and experience a fabulous selection of wines, at the Wine and Wickets dinner series to be held at Hilton Hotels in capital cities throughout the Ashes series (Canberra not included).
Henry Blofeld’s unique brand of cricket commentary delivered with his distinctive Etonian flavour has made him famous with cricket fans all over the world.
A highly regarded schoolboy cricketer, many believed that Blofeld could have potentially opened the batting for England had it not been for an unfortunate collision with a bus that stymied his International Test cricketing aspirations.
Instead, he pursued his passion for cricket as a journalist and broadcaster, making an indelible name for himself from the 1970’s onwards, as one of the legendary voices of BBC’s “Test Match Special”.
Advised in his early years to ‘paint a picture’ for his listeners, ‘Blowers’ is known as much for his musings on pigeons, planes and double decker buses as he is for his commentary on the game.
Highly acclaimed wine critic and self-confessed cricket addict, Jeremy Oliver will co-host the “Wine and Wickets” dinners with insightful commentary on the wine and by introducing Henry Blofeld, with whom he has had a friendship with for over 23 years. Oliver credits Blofeld with finding him his first publisher and naming his first book on wine Thirst for Knowledge.
As well as a highly entertaining night of cricket stories, guests will also enjoy a four-course gourmet dinner and taste a fabulous range of nine specially selected Australian wines. Guests will have the opportunity to be among the first to taste the highly awarded Wolf Blass White Label 2001 Chardonnay and Wolf Blass White Label Riesling 2001. The 2003 Wolf Blass Platinum Label , recently voted the World’s Greatest Shiraz by Winestate magazine, will also be served.
Ticket price: $230.00 per person
- Four-course gourmet dinner, including limited release Wolf Blass wines
- Special souvenir: A bottle of Wolf Blass Gold Label
Dates and booking details of the dinners are:
- Brisbane: 26 November, 2006, Hilton Brisbane 190 Elizabeth Street BRISBANE 4001. (07) 3231 3248.
- Melbourne: 5 December, 2006, Hilton on the Park – Melbourne, 192 Wellington Parade; EAST MELBOURNE 3002. (03) 9412 3163.
- Perth: 6 December, 2006, Parmelia Perth Hilton Hotel, 14 Mill Street PERTH 6000. (08) 9215 2484.
- Adelaide: 8 December, 2006, Hilton Adelaide, 233 Victoria Square ADELAIDE 5000. (08) 8237 0602.
- Sydney: 11 December, 2006, Hilton Sydney, 488 George Street SYDNEY 2000. (02) 9266 2075.