It’s recommended we eat fish at least twice a week as it reduces the risk of many diseases and disorders. Salmon in particular is high in omega 3, low in fat and high in protein.
TODAY cook Julie Goodwin shows us how to make a delicious crispy skin salmon everyone in the family will love.
Salmon fillet with rich lemon sauce
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: About 8 minutes
1 tsp olive oil
4 x 180g fresh salmon fillets, skin on
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
100 ml thickened cream
1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
2 teaspoon butter
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoon chopped dill, plus extra to serve
1. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat and add the olive oil.
2. Place the salmon in the pan, skin side down.
3. Season the top with a little salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Using a spatula or an egg flip, press the fish gently so the skin has even contact with the surface - if left alone, it will curl up.
5. After about 3 minutes, turn the fish over and cook for a further 2 minutes.
6. Remove from the pan and rest, covered, in a warm place.
7. Meanwhile, in a separate pan, heat the cream and lemon zest over low heat until warm.
8. Add butter and lemon juice and stir to combine, then add the egg yolk and whisk until the sauce thickens. Just before serving, stir through the dill.
9. Serve the salmon drizzled with the sauce, wilted baby spinach and new potatoes.