cook Julie Goodwin creates the perfect pork stir-fry the whole family will love.
Pork and snow pea stir fry
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 500g pork fillet, very finely sliced
- 3cm piece ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 200g snow peas, tailed
- 1/2 bunch shallots (spring onions), white and pale green parts only cut into 3cm pieces
- 1/4 cup hoi sin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
1. Heat one teaspoon oil in a very hot non-stick wok and stir fry about 1/4 of the pork.
2. Remove from the wok and set aside. Repeat with remaining pork.
3. Lower the heat to medium and in 1 teaspoon oil, stir fry the garlic and ginger for about 30 seconds, before adding the snow peas and shallots. Stir fry for a further minute.
4. Return the lamb to the wok and add the hoi sin sauce, soy sauce and 2 tablespoons water.
5. Stir to combine.
6. Serve immediately with steamed jasmine rice.
Cook's note: To slice the pork as finely as possible, place in the freezer for 15-20 minutes until it is firm but not frozen. Allow to come back to room temperature before stir frying.