was joined by Miranda Kerr's personal chef Kate McAloon who reveals Miranda’s favourite snacks for staying young and beautiful.
Coconut Walnut Bars with Chocolate Glaze
We all love sweet treats and this recipe is not only delicious it is made with nutritious, healthy ingredients making it a guilt-free pleasure. This is sure to become a family favorite!
- 2 1/2 Cups walnuts (coarsely ground)
- 2 1/2 Cups un-sweetened dried coconut (coarsely ground)
- 1/2 Cup *honey or agave
- 1/4 Cup coconut oil (run container under warm water to melt coconut oil a little)
- 1/2 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup toasted un-sweetened coconut (for topping)
- 1/4 Cup toasted walnuts (for topping)
Use certified organic ingredients whenever possible.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large mixing bowl or electric mixer combine all ingredients together well. Spray a rectangle baking pan (you can also use a round pie dish or several individual little baking dishes) with organic-non stick spray and evenly press the mixture into the pan.
3. Bake in the over for about 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown and you start to smell toasted coconut. Be careful not to burn. You may need to cover the pan with foil for the last few minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool.
4. When the bar is cool you can spread the warm Chocolate Glaze all over the top of the bar.
5. Sprinkle with toasted coconut and toasted walnuts. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to set the chocolate or serve immediately while the glaze is still warm.
As a special dessert top the bar with your favorite frozen treat (like ice cream or rice dream) and a little of the chocolate glaze that has been warmed up and a few toasted walnuts and toasted coconut.
This chocolate glaze/sauce is so good that you will probably want to double the recipe. It’s great to dip fruit into and also makes a really nice warm topping for frozen treats.
- 1 Cup un-sweetened coco powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 Cup coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons un-sweetened coconut milk
1. Put the honey, coconut oil, and coconut milk in a medium size pan on medium heat and cook continually stirring until it is melted and very warm, but not boiling.
2. Remove from heat and whisk in the coco powder and continue stirring until the mixture is well combined and silky smooth.
For more information visit www.koraorganics.com/blog