chef Luke Mangan joined the team to make penne pasta bake with yummy pork sausages, tomatoes and peas.
PENNE PASTA BAKE WITH PORK SAUSAGE, TOMATOES AND PEAS RECIPE
- 350g Penne pasta
- 8 thin Pork & fennel sausages, cut into 5 pieces each
- 2 Garlic cloves chopped finely
- 100mls Luke Mangan extra virgin olive oil
- 1 punnet Heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 150mls White wine
- 1 cup Tomato pasta sauce
- 1 cup Fresh or frozen peas
- 12 leaves Fresh basil, torn
- 2 Tbspn Fresh tarragon, torn
- Fresh Parmesan grated
- Salt and pepper
1. In a large pot place water on to boil, when boiling add 1Tbsp of salt and then add the penne pasta. Put the timer on for 8-10 minutes, or whatever your pasta package says is appropriate for al dente (cooked but still a little firm).
2. When the pasta is cooked drain and reserve 1/4 cup of the water for later use.
3. Meanwhile in a frying pan place the oil in and heat to a medium heat, add the sausages and cook until half cooked.
4. Add the garlic and cherry tomatoes and fry for 2 minutes.
5. Add the white wine and cook for another 2 minutes or until liquid has nearly all gone.
6. Add tomato sauce, peas and then the reserved water from the pasta and simmer for 3-4 minutes, add the cooked pasta and heat for 2 minutes.
7. Add the fresh herbs and mix.
8. Take off the stove and serve between 4 dishes, drizzle with the Luke Mangan olive oil and grated parmesan.
9. Put into a heated oven until parmesan turns brown and crisp.