Chef Luke Mangan joined the team to make a delicious fig tart with onion jam, blue cheese & prosciutto.
Fig, Onion Jam, Blue Cheese & Prosciutto Tart
1 large tart
- 1 x sheet Puff Pastry (30cm x 10cm)
- 150g good quality Blue Cheese
- 200g onion jam
- 8-10 figs (dependent on size)
- 6 slices of good quality Prosciutto
- 1 egg yolk for brushing the tart
- 2 handfuls of picked Rocket
- extra virgin olive oil
1. Line a standard sized baking tray with baking paper, cut the frozen puff pastry 30cm long and 10cm wide, place on tray and allow to thaw.
2. When the pastry has thawed, prick with a fork to help stop the pastry from rising too much.
3. Slice the figs and place in the middle the puff pastry, spread out leaving at least 1 inch on all sides not covered and season.
4. Brush the sides with the egg yolk and place in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown and crispy.
5. Take out and sprinkle the onion jam on top and then crumble the blue cheese over the tart while it is still warm.
6. Cut into three pieces and place on three plates, then place the 2 pieces of the prosciutto on top of each of the tarts.
7. Dress the rocket with extra virgin olive oil and seasoning.
8. Place rocket on top of tart and serve.
To follow Luke on Twitter visit @LukeMangan or visit Luke’s website at www.lukemangan.com