Imagine if your baby could tell you exactly what they are thinking and feeling... Well, the ‘Baby Signs’ program promises to make communicating with your infant that much easier.
What is Baby Signs?
- the baby sign language program shows your baby how to communicate using natural gestures.
- Combined with some AUSLAN signs, these signs provide an avenue for your child to talk with you before they are physically able to talk.
- The "sign" or gestures are used to signify a need or item such as "drink", or a concept such as "all done."
- These useful signs are introduced through a range of resources, developed by childhood experts' and backed by scientific research.
- Resources include range of internationally bestselling parenting books, baby DVD's, flashcards, educator resources, classes, workshops and more... All to help integrate baby sign language into your every day routine.
- Parents may have already taught their child to wave "bye bye" or to say "no" by shaking their heads. he Baby Signs program is an extension of that communication concept. It provides babies with many more gestures to communicate just as easily as these well used "signs."
The founders of the program, child development experts Drs. Linda Acredolo and Susan Goodwyn at the University of California, have spent over 25 years evaluating the effects of signing on infant development. Their research indicates numerous positive benefits for both language and cognitive developments, including:
- Decreased frustration and encourages trust;
- Promotes intellectual development;
- Encourages positive emotional maturity;
- Assists in learning to talk;
- Encourages babies to reveal their world;
- Reinforce the bond between parent and child;
- Improves self-confidence; and
- Demonstrates how intelligent our babies really are.
These findings launched the phenomenon of "Baby Sign Language" worldwide.
5 Steps for Baby Sign Language success
1. Start with just a few signs
2. Always use the sign and the word together
3. Guide your baby’s hands
4. Make signing fun a part of your daily activities
5. Be flexible and patient
Kits cost $59. Visit the website by logging on to www.babysignsaustralia.com.au