TODAY’s master chef Julie Goodwin shows you how to cook up some seriously juicy pork chops!
Pork Chops with Pineapple Salsa
Summer is just ending but there's still enough warm weather left to enjoy this refreshing dish!
Prep time: 10 minutes; Cooking time: 7 minutes
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander seed
1/2 teaspoon chilli
Half teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
4 (250g) thick pork chops
Half fresh pineapple, finely diced
3 small red chillies, seeded and finely sliced
Half small red onion, finely diced
1/2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
1/2 cup mint, finely chopped
1 tablespoon caster sugar
Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
1. Combine cumin, coriander, chilli powder and salt and sprinkle it on the pork cutlets.
2. Brush a hot BBQ plate with olive oil and cook the cutlets, turning once, for 3-4 minutes each side or until cooked. (Time will depend on the thickness of the cutlet.)
3. Remove the meat from the heat and rest, covered with foil for a few minutes before serving.
4. In a medium bowl, combine the pineapple, chillies, coriander, mint and lime zest. In a separate bowl, combine lime juice and sugar and stir until dissolved.
5. Toss the dressing through the salsa.
6. Serve the cutlets with salsa, and steamed rice if you like.