TODAY masterchef Julie Goodwin's ultimate homemade sausage roll recipe.
The following recipe would feed a family of four for two nights! Or if the rolls are cut smaller they are great finger food for party.
Prep time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 kg good quality sausage mince
- 500g beef mince
- 2 brown onions, grated
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup French mustard
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 sheets frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius.
2. In a bowl, place all ingredients except for the pastry and egg. Using your hands, work the mixture very well until all combined.
3)Lay the pastry out on a work surface and cut each sheet in half. Work with the pastry still a little bit firm from the freezer as it is easier to handle.
4) Divide the sausage mixture into 12 pieces and lay in a line along the length of each pastry half- sheet. Fold the two sides over the sausage mixture and gently press to join.
5) Turn the rolls over, cut into thirds and brush with the egg combined with 1 tablespoon water.
6) Bake for 20-25 minutes until pastry is puffed and golden.