cook Julie Goodwin joined the team to make a yummy Thai style red chicken curry.
Thai style red chicken curry
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 1 teaspoon peanut oil
- 1/4 cup red curry paste
- 400ml can coconut cream
- Small tin pineapple chunks, drained
- Small tin bamboo shoots, drained
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, trimmed and cut into strips
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into ribbons
- 50g green beans, topped, tailed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
1. Place the jasmine rice into a microwave safe container with 3 cups water. Cover with the lid or seal well with plastic wrap. Microwave on high for 18 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
2. Place 1/4 teaspoon peanut oil in a wok over medium-high heat and stir fry the chicken in batches until just starting to go brown. Heat more oil and stir fry the curry paste until fragrant.
3. Add coconut cream and bring to a simmer. Add the pineapple and bamboo shoots and bring back to a simmer. Add the beans and zucchini and simmer for one further minute. Add the brown sugar, fish sauce and lime juice and carefully stir to mix, being careful not to break up the fish pieces.
4. Taste, and add more of any of those three things if your taste dictates.
5. Serve with steamed jasmine rice.
To follow Julie on twitter visit @_JulieGoodwin