Deb Knight cooked up a storm as she prepared a delicious fennel soup for the team.
Prep Time: Under 15 min
Cook Time: Under 15 min
Serves: 4 people
- 4 fennel bulbs, reserving few tbsp of its fronds for garnish
- 2 onions,chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2-4 cups of vegetable stock (as per the consistency you desire)
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Trim the fennel by removing the thin stalks and the thick base. Coarsely chop the bulbs. In a pan, heat the butter and stir in the onion and fennel together.
2. Cover and cook for 5-8 minutes.
3. The vegetables should be slightly crisp yet tender. Dont overcook them.
4. Transfer it to a food blender and puree them along with little stock to help in grinding, until smooth.
5. Pour it back in the saucepan along with the rest of the stock and cook for 1-2 minutes in low heat. Add the seasoning and the cream along with the reserved fronds.
6. Cook for another 2 minutes and Serve hot with crusty bread